We currently have a vacancy within the Surveying and Technical Department Team, based in Viareggio, Italy. A successful candidate will be a key member of a small team of highly specialized maritime professionals responsible for the undertaking of technical surveys, risk assessments, audits, project management (refit/new builds) and for the ongoing development of systems required to support these activities.
The position requires the ability to be organized, work to deadlines, take initiative, work independently, problem solve, keep accurate records, analyze and share data with a network of surveyors and engineers.
Main duties and responsibilities
– Undertake surveys and inspections according to the best industry standards and international maritime conventions and codes as well as verifying compliance of New Build/Refit Projects with technical specifications.
– Work with the TD team to provide technical support to the clients.
– Work with the ACP SURVEYORS System and suggest opportunities for continuous improvement.
– Commit to continuously develop skills and knowledge specific to the tasks he will be assigned.
– At least one year spent in a new buildings shipyard (mega yachts or ships) as member of the Production or Technical Department, with proper knowledge of the Classification Societies/Flag State rules and maritime international rules in general, or
– One year as a surveyor with a Classification Society, Flag State, or surveying company, of cargo vessels and mega yachts, or
– Seagoing Experience as Engineer Officer on merchant ships/Mega Yachts of at least 2 years.
– Excellent English written and spoken
– Ability to work independently; solve problems; and work proactively; work in team.
– Strong analytical skills and a good grasp of information technology, including data base systems, Microsoft Office Package.
– Availability to perform frequent business travels in Italy and abroad within short notice
Please submit resumes to ACP Surveyors – firstname.lastname@example.org